read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Birth of Isaac
Today's Passage: Genesis 21:1-7
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading and ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
It is okay, He knows it anyway. Bring it to Him and ask Him for help, remember you are already forgiven, as Him to help you as you embrace that truth and live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Foreshadowing, Promises, and/or Fulfillment of Promises
1. The LORD kept his word and did for Sarah exactly what he had promised.
2. She became pregnant, and she gave birth to a son for Abraham in his old age. This happened at just the time God had said it would.
3. And Abraham named their son Isaac.
4. Eight days after Isaac was born, Abraham circumcised him as God had commanded.
5. Abraham was 100 years old when Isaac was born.
6. And Sarah declared, "God has brought me laughter. All who hear about this will laugh with me.
7. Who would have said to Abraham that Sarah would nurse a baby? Yet I have given Abraham a son in his old age!"
Genesis 21:1-7 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and any comments even a period lets us know you were here. Any response is a blessing to this community.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.