read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Hagar and Ishmael Are Sent Away
Today's Passage: Genesis 21:8-21
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading and ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
It is okay, He knows it anyway. Bring it to Him and ask Him for help, remember you are already forgiven, as Him to help you as you embrace that truth and live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Is this a who, what, when, where, or how passage?
8. When Isaac grew up and was about to be weaned, Abraham prepared a huge feast to celebrate the occasion.
9. But Sarah saw Ishmael — the son of Abraham and her Egyptian servant Hagar — making fun of her son Isaac.
10. So she turned to Abraham and demanded, "Get rid of that slave woman and her son. He is not going to share the inheritance with my son, Isaac I won't have it!"
11. This upset Abraham very much because Ishmael was his son.
12. But God told Abraham, "Do not be upset over the boy and your servant. Do whatever Sarah tells you, for Isaac is the son through whom your descendants will be counted.
13. But I will also make a nation of descendants of Hagar's son because he is your son, too. "
14. So Abraham got up early the next morning, prepared food and a container of water, and strapped them on Hagar's shoulders. Then he sent her away with their son, and she wandered aimlessly in the wilderness of Beersheba.
15. When the water was gone, she put the boy in the shade of a bush.
16. Then she went and sat down by herself about a hundred yards away. "I don't want to watch the boy die," she said, as she burst into tears.
17. But God heard the boy crying, and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven, "Hagar, what's wrong? Do not be afraid! God has heard the boy crying as he lies there.
18. Go to him and comfort him, for I will make a great nation from his descendants."
19. Then God opened Hagar's eyes, and she saw a well full of water. She quickly filled her water container and gave the boy a drink.
20. And God was with the boy as he grew up in the wilderness. He became a skillful archer,
21. and he settled in the wilderness of Paran. His mother arranged for him to marry a woman from the land of Egypt.
Genesis 21: 8-21 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and any comments even a period lets us know you were here. Any response is a blessing to this community.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.