read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Abraham's Covenant with Abimelech
Today's Passage: Genesis 21:22-34
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading and ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
It is okay, He knows it anyway. Bring it to Him and ask Him for help, remember you are already forgiven, as Him to help you as you embrace that truth and live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Is this a who, what, when, where, or how passage?
22. About this time, Abimelech came with Phicol, his army commander, to visit Abraham. "God is obviously with you, helping you in everything you do," Abimelech said.
23. "Swear to me in God's name that you will never deceive me, my children, or any of my descendants. I have been loyal to you, so now swear that you will be loyal to me and to this country where you are living as a foreigner."
24. Abraham replied, "Yes, I swear to it!"
25. Then Abraham complained to Abimelech about a well that Abimelech's servants had taken by force from Abraham's servants.
26. "This is the first I've heard of it," Abimelech answered. "I have no idea who is responsible. You have never complained about this before."
27. Abraham then gave some of his sheep, goats, and cattle to Abimelech, and they made a treaty.
28. But Abraham also took seven additional female lambs and set them off by themselves.
29. Abimelech asked, "Why have you set these seven apart from the others?"
30. Abraham replied, "Please accept these seven lambs to show your agreement that I dug this well."
31. Then he named the place Beersheba (which means "well of the oath"), because that was where they had sworn the oath.
32. After making their covenant at Beersheba, Abimelech left with Phicol, the commander of his army and they returned home to the land of the Philistines.
33. Then Abraham planted a tamarisk tree at Beersheba, and there he worshiped the LORD, the Eternal God.
34. And Abraham lived as a foreigner in Philistine country for a long time.
Genesis 21:22-34 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and any comments even a period lets us know you were here. Any response is a blessing to this community.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.