read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
A Wife for Isaac
Today's Passage: Genesis 24:21-41
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading and ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
It is okay, He knows it anyway. Bring it to Him and ask Him for help, remember you are already forgiven, as Him to help you as you embrace that truth and live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Asking Questions about the Passage and Allowing this Passage to Change My Life.
21. The servant watched her in silence, wondering whether or not the LORD had given him success in his mission.
22. Then at last, when the camels had finished drinking, he took out a gold ring for her nose and two large gold bracelets for her wrists.
23. "Whose daughter are you?" he asked. "And please tell me, would your father have any room to put us up for the night?"
24. "I am the daughter of Bethuel," she replied. 'My grandparents are Nahor and Milcah.
25. Yes, we have plenty of straw and feed for the camels and we have room for guests."
26. The man bowed low and worshiped the LORD>
27. "Praise the LORD, the God of my master, Abraham," he said. "The LORD has shown unfailing love and faithfulness to my master, for he has led me straight to my master's relatives."
28. The young woman ran home to tell her family everything that had happened.
29. Now Rebekah had a brother named Laban, who ran out to meet the man at the spring.
30. He had seen the nose-ring and the bracelets on his sister's wrists, and had heard Rebekah tell what the man had said. So he rushed out to the spring, where the man was still standing beside his camels. Laban said to him,
31. "Come and stay with us you who are blessed by the LORD! Why are you standing here outside the town when I have a room all ready for you and a place prepared for the camels?"
32. So the man went home with Laban, and Laban unloaded the camels, gave him straw for their bedding, fed them and provided water for the man and the camel drivers to wash their feet.
33. Then food was served. But Abraham's servant said, "I don't want to eat until I have told you why I have come."
"All right," Laban said, "tell us."
34. I am Abraham's servant," he explained.
35. "And the LORD has greatly blessed my master; he has become a wealthy man. The LORD has given him flocks of sheep and goats, herds of cattle, a fortune in silver and gold, and many male and female servants and camels and donkeys.
36. "When Sarah, my master's wife, was very old, she gave birth to my master's son, and my master has given him everything he owns.
37. And my master made me take an oath. He said, 'Do not allow my son to marry one of these local Canaanite women.
38. Go instead to my father's house, to my relatives, and find a wife there for my son.'
39. "But I said to my master, 'What if I can't find a young woman who is willing to go back with me?
40. He responded, 'The LORD' in whose presence I have lived, will send his angel with you and will make your mission successful.
Genesis 24:21-41 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and any comments even a period lets us know you were here. Any response is a blessing to this community.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.