read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
A Wife for Isaac
Today's Passage: Genesis 24: 42-55
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading and ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
It is okay, He knows it anyway. Bring it to Him and ask Him for help, remember you are already forgiven, as Him to help you as you embrace that truth and live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Foreshadowing, Promises, and/or Fulfillment of Promises
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
42. "So today when I came to the spring, I prayed this prayer: 'O LORD, God of my master, Abraham, please give me success on this mission.
43. See, I am standing here beside this spring. This is my request. When a young woman comes to draw water, I will say to her, "Please give me a little drink of water from your jug."
44. If she says, "Yes, have a drink, and I will draw water for your camels, too," let her be the one you have selected to be the wife of my master's son.'
45. "Before I had finished praying in my heart, I saw Rebekah coming out with her water jug on her shoulder. She went down to the spring and drew water. So I said to her, 'Please give me a drink.'
46. She quickly lowered her jug from her shoulder and said, 'Yes, have a drink, and I will water your camels, too!' So I drank, and then she watered the camels.
47. "Then I asked, 'Whose daughter are you?' She replied, 'I am the daughter of Bethuel, and my grandparents are Nahor and Milcah.' So I put the ring on her nose, and the bracelets on her wrists.
48. "Then I bowed low and worshiped the LORD. I praised the LORD, the God of my master, Abraham, because he had led me straight to my master's niece to be his son's wife.
49. So tell me — will you or won't you show unfailing love and faithfulness to my master? Please tell me yes, or no, and then I'll know what to do next."
50. Then Laban and Bethuel replied, "The LORD has obviously brought you here, so there is nothing we can say.
51. Here is Rebekah; take her and go. Yes, let her be the wife of your master's son as the LORD has directed."
52. When Abraham's servant heard their answer he bowed down to the ground and worshiped the LORD.
53. Then he brought out silver and gold jewelry and clothing and presented them to Rebekah. He also gave expensive presents to her brother and mother.
54. Then they ate their meal, and the servant and the men with him stayed there overnight.
But early the next morning, Abraham's servant said, "Send me back to my master."
55. "But we want Rebekah to stay with us at least ten days," her brother and mother said. "Then she can go."
Genesis 24: 42-55 NLT (to be continued :-)
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your initials and any comments even a period lets us know you were here. Any response is a blessing to this community.
I pray for you every day.
And I will be back here tomorrow,
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.