read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
A Wife for Isaac
Today's Passage: Genesis 24:21-41
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading and ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
It is okay, He knows it anyway. Bring it to Him and ask Him for help, remember you are already forgiven, as Him to help you as you embrace that truth and live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies©
56. But he said, "Don't delay me. The LORD has made my mission successful; now send me back so I can return to my master."
57. "Well," they said, "We'll call Rebekah and ask her what she thinks"
58. So they called Rebekah. "Are you willing to go with this man?" they asked her.
And she replied, "Yes, I will go."
59. So they said good-bye to Rebekah and sent her away with Abraham's servant and his
men. The woman who had been Rebekah's childhood nurse went along with her.
60. They gave her this blessing as she parted:
"Our sister, may you become the mother of many millions!
May your descendants be strong and conquer the cities of their enemies."
61. Then Rebekah and her servant girls mounted the camels and followed the man. So Abraham's servant took Rebekah and went on his way.
62. Meanwhile, Isaac, whose home was in the Negev, had returned from Beerlahai-roi.
63. One evening as he was walking and meditating in the field, he looked up and saw the camels coming.
64. When Rebekah looked up and saw Isaac, she quickly dismounted from her camel.
65. "Who is that man walking through the fields to meet us?" she asked the servant.
And he replied, "It is my master." So Rebekah covered her face with her veil.
66. then the servant told Isaac everything he had done.
67. And Isaac brought Rebekah into his mother Sarah's tent, and she became his wife. He loved her deeply, and she was a special comfort to him after the death of his mother.
Genesis 24: 56-67 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 amEST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.