read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Isaac Deceives Abimelech
Today's Passage: Genesis 26:1-11
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading and ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
It is okay, He knows it anyway. Bring it to Him and ask Him for help, remember you are already forgiven, as Him to help you as you embrace that truth and live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
A simple strategy: Building Blocks
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
1. A severe famine now struck the land, as had happened before in Abraham's time. So Isaac moved to Gerar, where Abimelech, king of the Philistines, lived.
2. The LORD appeared to Isaac and said, "Do not go down to Egypt, but do as I tell you.
3. Live here as a foreigner in this land, and I will be with you and bless you. I hereby confirm that I will give all these lands to you and your descendants, just as I solemnly promised Abraham, your father.
4. I will cause your descendants to become as numerous as the stars of the sky, and I will give them all these lands. And through your descendants all the nations of the earth will be blessed.
5. I will do this because Abraham listened to me and obeyed all my requirements, commands, decrees, and instructions."
6. So Isaac stayed in Gerar.
7. When the men who lived here asked Isaac about his wife, Rebekah, he said,"She is my sister." He was afraid to say, "She is my wife." He thought, "They will kill me to get her, because she is so beautiful."
8. But some time later, Abimelech, king of the Philistines, looked out his window and saw Isaac caressing Rebekah.
9. Immediately, Abimelech called for Isaac and exclaimed, "She is obviously your wife! Why did you say 'She is my sister'?"
"Because I was afraid someone would kill me to get her from me." Isaac replied.
10. "How could you do this to us?" Abimelech exclaimed. "One of my people might easily have taken your wife and slept with her, and you would have made us guilty of great sin."
11. Then Abimelech issued a public proclamation: "Anyone who touches this man or his wife will be put to death!"
Genesis 26:1-11 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 amEST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.