read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Isaac Covenant with Abimelech
Today's Passage: Genesis 26:26-34
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading and ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
It is okay, He knows it anyway. Bring it to Him and ask Him for help, remember you are already forgiven, as Him to help you as you embrace that truth and live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
A simple strategy: Building Blocks
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
26. One day King Abimelech came from Gerar with his advisor, Ahuzzath, and also Phicol, his army commander.
27. "Why have you come here?" Isaac asked. "You obviously hate me, since you kicked me off your land."
28. They replied, "We can plainly see that the LORD is with you. So we want to enter into a sworn treaty with you. Let's make a covenant.
29. Swear that you will not harm us, just as we have never troubled you. We have always treated you well, and we sent you way from us in peace. And now look how the LORD has blessed you!"
30. So Isaac prepared a covenant feast to celebrate the treaty, and they ate and drank together.
31. Early the next morning, they each took a solemn oath not to enterfere with each other. Then Isaac sent the home again, and they left him in peace.
32. That very day Isaac's servants came and told him about a new well they had dug. "We've found water!" they exclaimed.
33. So Isaac named the well Shibah (which means "oath"). And to this day the town that grew up there is called Beersheba (which means "well of the oath").
34. At the age of forty, Esau married two Hittite wives: Judith, the daughter of Beeri, and Basemath, the daughter of Elon.
35. But Esau's wives made life miserable for Isaac and Rebekah.
Genesis 27:26-34 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 amEST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.