read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Manna and Quail from Heaven
Today's Passage: Exodus 16:1-20
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading and ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
It is okay, He knows it anyway. Bring it to Him and ask Him for help, remember you are already forgiven, as Him to help you as you embrace that truth and live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
A simple strategy: Building Blocks
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
1. The the whole community of Israel ser out from Elim and journeyed into the wilderness of Sin, between Elim and Mount Sinai. They arrived there on the fifteenth day of the second month, one month after leaving the land of Egypt.
2. There, too, the whole community of Israel compleined about Moses and Aaron.
3. "If only the LORD had killed us back in Egypt," they moaned. "There we sat around pots filled with meat and ate all the bread we wanted. But now you have brought us into this wilderness to starve us all to death."
4. Then the LORD said to Moses. "Look, I'm going to rain down food from heaven for you. Each day the people can go out and pick up as much food as they need for that day. I will test them in this to see whether or not they will follow my instructions.
5. On the sixth day they will gather food, and when they prepare it, there will e twice as much as usual."
6. So Moses and Aaron said to all the people of Israel, "By evening you will realize it was the LORD who brought you out of the land of Egypt.
7. In the morning you will see the glory of the LORD, because he has heard your complaints, which are against him not against us. What have we done that you should complain about us?"
8. Then Moses added, "the LORD will give you meat to eat in the evening and bread to satisfy you in the morning, for he has heard all your complaints against him. What have we done? Yes, your complaints are against he LORD, not against us."
9. The Moses said to Aaron, "Announce this to the entire community off Israel: 'Present yourselves before the LORD, for he has heard your complaining.'"
10. And as Aaron spoke to the whole community of Israel, they looked out toward the wilderness. There they could see the awesome glory of the LORD in the cloud.
11. Then the LORD said to Moses,
12. "I have heard the Israelites' complaints. Now tell them, 'I have heard the Israelites' complaints. Now tell them, 'In the evening you will have meat to eat, and in the morning you will have all the bread you want. Then you will know that I am the LORD your God.'"
13. That evening vast numbers of quail flew in and covered the camp. And the next morning the area around the camp was wet with dew.
14. When the dew evaporated, a flaky substance as fine as frost blanketed the ground.
15. The Israelites were puzzled when they saw it. "What is it?" they asked each other. They had no idea what it was.
And Moses told them, "It is the food the LORD has given you to eat.
16. These are the LORD'S instructions: Each household should gather as much as it needs. Pick up two quarts for each person in your tent."
17. So the people of Israel did as they were told. Some gathered a lot, some only a little.
18. But when they measured it out, everyone had just enough. Those who gathered a lot had nothing left over, and those who gathered only a little had enough. Each family had just what it needed.
19. Then Moses told them, "Do not keep any of it until morning."
20. But some of them didn't listen and kept some of it until morning. But by then it was full of maggots and had a terrible smell. Moses was very angry with them.
Exodus 16: 1-20 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 amEST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.