read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Ten Commandments for the Covenant Community
Today's Passage: Exodus 20:1-21
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
For Familiar Passages. Read Anew!
Read the passage from Last to First!
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
God is able to speak to us through those words that we read and reread, as we think about what we have read and ponder those words infiltrate our minds and change us. They give us a better understanding of what God is saying in His word. Through that better understanding we begin to think differently, and our attitudes and lives change. Even our actions toward ourselves, others and the world change to be more Christlike.
And isn't that what Christians desire? To be Christ like. To be Christ followers. To know God.
With these precepts or tenets in place, let us begin with WORSHIP.
Sometimes we have read a passage of Scripture so many times we can't see it with new eyes.
How can we change the passage without changing the meaning?
What would we see if we take a passage and begin with the last verse and read the verses from for example:
Read Chapter 3:10-1.
1. Then God gave the people all these instructions:
2. "I am the LORD your God, who rescued you from the land of Egypt, the place of your slavery,
3. "You must not have any other god but me.
4. "You must not make for yourself an idol of any kind or an image of anything in the heavens or on the earth or in the sea.
5. You must not bow down to them or worship them, for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God who will not tolerate your affection for any other gods. I lay the sins of the parents upon their children; the entire family is affected — even children in the third and fourth generations of those who reject me.
6. But I lavish unfailing love for a thousand generations on those who love me and obey my commands.
7. "You must not misuse the name of the LORD your God. The LORD will not let you go unpunished if you misuse his name.
8. "Remember to observe the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.
9. You have six days each week for your ordinary work,
10. but the seventh day is a Sabbath day of rest dedicated to the LORD your God. On that
day no one in your household may do any work. This includes you your sons and daughters, your male and female servants, your livestock, and any foreigners living among you.
11. For in six days the LORD made the heavens, the earth, the sea, and everything in them; but on the seventh day he rested. That is why the LORD blessed the Sabbath day and set it apart as holy.
12. "Honor your father and mother. Then you will live a long, full life in the land the LORD your God is giving you.
13. "You must not murder.
14. "You must not commit adultery.
15. "You must not steal.
16. "You must not testify falsely against your neighbor.
17. "You must not covet your neighbor's house. You must not covet you neighbor's wife, male or female servant, ox or donkey, or anything else that belongs to your neighbor."
18. When the people heard the thunder and the loud blast of the ram's horn, and when they saw the flashes of lightning and the smoke billowing from the mountain, they stood at a distance, trembling with fear.
19. And they said to Moses, "You speak to us, and we will listen. But don't let God speak directly to us, or we will die!"
20. "Don't be afraid," Moses answered them, "for God has come in this way to test you, and so that your fear of him will keep you from sinning!"
21. As the people stood in the distance, Moses approached the dark cloud where God was.
Exodus 20:1-21 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 amEST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.