read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Cases of Personal Injury
Today's Passage: Exodus 21:12-36
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. Remember you are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
12. "Anyone who assaults and kills another person must be put to death.
13. But if it was simply an accident permitted by God, I will appoint a place of refuge where the slayer can run for safety.
14. However, if someone deliberately kills another person, then the slayer must be dragged even from my altar and be put to death.
15. "Anyone who strikes father or mother must be put to death.
16. "Kidnappers must be put to death, whether they are caught in possession of their victims or have already sold them as slaves.
17. "Anyone who dishonors father or mother must be put to death.
18. "Now suppose two men quarrel, and one hits the other with a stone or fist, and the injured person does not die but is confined to bed.
19. If he is later able to walk outside again, even with a crutch the assailant will not be punished but must compensate his victim of lost wages and provide for his full recovery.
20. "If a man beats his male or female slave with a club and the slave dies a a result, the owner must be punished.
21.But if the slave recovers within a day or two, then the owner shall not be punished, since the slave is his property.
22. "Now suppose two men are fighting and in the process they accidentally strike a pregnant woman so she gives birth prematurely. If no further injury results, the man who struck the woman must pay the amount of compensation the woman's husband demands and the judges approve.
23. But if there is further injury, the punishment must match the injury: a life for a life,
24. an eye for an eye, a tooth for tooth, a hand for a hand, a foot for a foot,
25. a burn for a burn, a wound for a wound, a bruise for a bruise.
26. "If a man hits his male of female slave in the eye and the eye is blinded, he must let the slave go free to compensate for the eye.
27. and if a man knocks out the tooth of his male or female slave, he must let the slave go free to compensate for the tooth.
28. "If an ox gores a man or woman to death, the ox must be stoned, and its flesh may not be eaten. In such a case, however, the owner will not be held liable.
20. But suppose the ox had a reputation of gorging, and the owner had been informed but failed to keep it under control. If the ox then kills someone, it must be stoned, and the owner must also be put to death.
30. However, the dead person's relatives may accept payment to compensate for the loss of life. The owner of the ox may redeem his life by paying whatever is demanded.
31. "The same regulation applies if the ox gores a boy or a girl.
32. But if the ox gores a slave, either male or female, the animals owner must pay the slave's owner thirty silver coins, and the ox must be stoned.
33. "Suppose someone digs or uncovers a pit and fails to cover it, and then an ox or donkey falls into it.
34. The owner of the pit must pay full compensation to the owner of the animal, but then he gets to keep the dead animal.
35. "If someone's ox injures a neighbor's ox and the injured ox dies, then the two owners must sell the live ox and divide the price equally between them. They must also divide the dead animal.
36. But if the ox had a reputation for goring, yet its owner failed to keep it under control, he must pay full compensation — a live ox for the dead one — but he may keep the dead ox.
Exodus 21:12-35 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 amEST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.