read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Today's Passage: Exodus 22:16-31
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
16. "If a man seduces a virgin who is not engaged to anyone and has sex with her, he must pay the customary bride price and marry her.
17. But if her father refuses to let him marry her, the man must still pay him an amount equal to the bride price of a virgin.
18." You must not allow a sorceress to live.
19. "Anyone who has sexual relations with an animal must certainly be put to death.
20. Anyone who sacrifices to any god other than the LORD must be destroyed.
21. "You must not mistreat or oppress foreigners in any way. Remember, you yourselves were once foreigners in the land of Egypt.
22: "You must not exploit a widow or an orphan.
23. If you exploit them in any way and they cry out to me, then I will certainly hear their cry.
24. My anger will blaze against you, and I will kill you with the sword. Then your wives will be widows and your children fatherless.
25. "If you lend money to any of my people who are in need, do not charge interest as a money lender would.
26. If you take your neighbor's cloak as security for a loan, you must return it before sunset.
27. This coat may be the only blanket your neighbor has. How can a person sleep without it? If you do not return it and your neighbor cries out to me for help, then I will hear, for I am merciful.
28. "You must not dishonor God or curse any of your rulers.
29. "You must not hold anything back when you give me offerings from your crops and your wine.
"You must give me your firstborn sons.
30. "You must also give me the firstborn of your cattle, sheep, and goats. But leave the newborn animal with its mother for seven days; then give it to me on the eighth day.
31. "You must be my holy people. Therefore, do not eat any animal that has been torn up and killed by wild animals. Throw it to the dogs.
Exodus 22:16-31 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.