read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
People Affirm Their Covenant with God
Today's Passage: Exodus 24:1-18
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
Some passages are just really BIG. They are moments in the growth of our world that had large impact on our faith, or our cultures, or our lives. These passages bring even more value with perusal on a meditative level. Going over them slowly and with purpose. Repetitive Reading is a good way to uncover hidden nuggets of truth that have been glossed over in the retelling of these passages. Take this opportunity to discover those nuggets.
1. Then the LORD instructed Moses "Come up here to me, and bring along Aaron, Nadab, Abihu, and seventy of Israel's elders. All of you must worship from a distance.
2. Only Moses is allowed to come near to the LORD. The others must not come near, and none of the other people are allowed to climb up the mountain with him.
3. Then Moses went down to the people and repeated all the instruction and regulations the LORD had given him. All the people answered with one voice, "We will do everything the LORD has commanded."
4. Then Moses carefully wrote down all the LORD'S instructions. Early the next morning Moses got up and built an altar at the foot of the mountain. He also set up twelve pillars, one for each of the twelve tribes of Israel.
5. Then he sent some of the young Israelite men to present burnt offerings and to sacrifice bulls as peace offerings to the LORD.
6. Moses drained half the blood from these animals into basins. The other half he splattered against the altar.
7. Then he took the Book of the Covenant and read it aloud to the people. Again they all responded, "We will do everything the LORD has commanded. We will obey."
8. Then Moses took the blood from the basins and splattered it over the people declaring "Look this blood confirms the covenant the LORD has made with you in giving you these instructions."
9. Then Moses, Aaron, Abihu, and seventy elders of Israel climbed up the mountian.
10. There they saw the God of Israel. Under his feet there seemed to be a surface of brilliant blue lapis lazuli, as clear as the sky itself.
11. And though these nobles of israel gazed upon God, he did not destroy them. In fact, they ate a covenant meal, eating and drinking in his presence!
12. Then the LORD said to Moses, "Come up to me on the mountain. Stay there, and I will give you the tablets of stone on which I have inscribed the instructions and commands so you can teach the people."
13. So Moses and his assistant Joshua set out, and Moses climbed up the mountian of God.
14. Moses told the elders, "Stay here and wait for us until we come back. Aaron and Hur are here with you. If anyone has a dispute while I am gone, consult with them."
15. Then Moses climbed up the mountain, and the cloud covered it.
16. And the glory of the LORD settled down on Mount Sinai, and the cloud covered it for six days. On the seventh day the LORD called to Moses from inside the cloud.
17. To the Israelites at the foot of the mountain, the glory of the LORD appeared at the summit like a consuming fire.
18. Then Moses disappeared into the cloud as he climbed higher up the mountain. He remained on the mountain forty days and forty nights.
Exodus 24:1-18 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.