read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Ordinations of the Priests
Today's Passage: Leviticus 8:1-13
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Read and summarize each verse into as few
words as you can. Goal 1 or 2 words.
1. Then the LORD said to Moses,
2. "Bring Aaron and his sons, along with their sacred garments, the anointing oil, the bull for the sin offering, the two rams and the basket of bread made without yeast,
3. and call the entire community of Israel together at the entrance of the Tabernacle.
4. So Moses followed the LORD'S instructions, and the whole community assembled at the Tabernacle entrance.
5. Moses announced to them, "This is what the LORD has commanded us to do!"
6. Then he presented Aaron and his sons and washed them with water.
7. He put the official tunic on Aaron and tied the sash around his waist. He dressed him in the robe, placed the ephod on him, and attached the ephod securely with its decorative sash.
8. Then Moses placed the chestpiece on Aaron and put the Urim and the Thummim inside it.
9. He placed the turban on Aaron's head and attached the gold medallion — the badge of holiness — to the front of the turban, just as the LORD had commanded him.
10. Then Moses took the anointing oil and anointed the Tabernacle and everything in it, making them holy.
11. He sprinkled the oil on the altar seven times, anointing it and all its utensils, as well as the washbasin and its stand, making them holy.
12. Then he poured some of the anointing oil on Aaron's head, anointing him and making him holy for his work .
13. Next Moses presented Aaron's sons. He clothed them in their tunics, tied their sashes around them, and put their special head coverings on them, just as the LORD had commanded him.
Leviticus 8:1-13 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.