read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Ordinations of the Priests
Today's Passage: Leviticus 8:14-26
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
14. Then Moses presented the bull for the sin offering. Aaron and his sons laid their hands on the bull's head,
15. and Moses slaughtered it. Moses took some of the blood, and with his finger he put it on the four horns of the altar to purify it. He poured out the rest of the blood at the base of the altar. Through this process, he made the altar holy by purifying it.
16. Then Moses took all that fat around the internal organs, the long lobe of the liver, and the two kidneys and the fat around them, and he burned it all on the altar.
17. He took the rest of the bull, including its hide, meat, and dung, and burned it on a fire outside the camp, just as the LORD had commanded him.
18. Then Moses presented the ram for the burnt offering. Aaron and his sons laid their hands on the ram's head.
19. and Moses slaughtered it. Then Moses took the ram's blood and splatered it against all sides of the altar.
20. Then he cut the ram into pieces, and he burned the head, some of its pieces, and the fat on the altar.
21. After washing the internal organs and the legs with water, Moses burned the entire ram on the altar as a burnt offering. It was a pleasing aroma, a special gift presented to the LORD, just as the LORD had commanded him.
22. Then Moses presented the other ram, which was theram of ordination. Aaron and his sons laid their hands on the ram's head,
23. and Moses slaughtered it. Then Moses took some of its blood and applied it to the love of Aaron's right ear, the thumb of his right hand, and the big toe of his right foot.
24. Next Moses presented Aaron's sons and applied some of the blood to the lobes of their right ears, the thumbs of their right hands, and the big toes of their right feet. He then splattered the rest of the blood against all sides of the altar.
25. Next Moses took the fat, including the fat of the broad tail, the fat around the internal organs, the long lobe of the liver, and the two kidneys and the fat round them, along with the right thigh.
26. On top of these he placed a thin cake of bread made without yeast, a cake of bread mixed with olive oil, and a wafer spread with olive oil. All these were taken from the basket of bread made without yeast that was placed in the LORD'S presence.
27. He put all these in the hands of Aaron and his sons, and he lifted them up as a special offering to the LORD.
28. Moses then took all the offerings back from them and burned them on the altar on top of the burnt offering. This was the ordination offering. it was a pleasing aroma, a special gift presented to the LORD.
29. Then Moses took the breast and lifted it up as a special offering to the LORD. This was Moses' portion of the ram of ordination, just as the LORD had commanded him.
30. Next Moses took some of the anointing oil and some of the blood that was on the altar, and he sprinkled them on Aaron and his garments and on his sons and their garments. In this way, he made Aaron and his sons and their garments holy.
31. Then Moses said to Aaron and his sons, "Boil the remaining meat of the offerings at the Tabernacle entrance, and eat it there, along with the bread that is in the basket of offerings for the ordination, just as I commanded when I said, 'Aaron and his sons will eat it.'
32. Any meat or bread that is left over must then be burned up.
33. You must not leave the Tabernacle entrance for seven days, for that is when the ordination ceremony will be completed.
34. Everything we have done today was commanded by the LORD in order to purify you, making you right with him.
35. Now stay at the entrance of the Tabernacle day and night for seven days, and do everything the LORD requires. If you fail to do this, you will die, for this is what the LORD has commanded.
36. So Aaron and his sons did everything the LORD had commanded through Moses.
Leviticus 8:14-36 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.