read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Silver Trumpets
Today's Passage: Numbers 10:11-36
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
11. In the second year after Israel's departure from Egypt — on the twentieth day of the second month — the cloud lifted from the Tabernacle of the Covenant.
12. So the Israelites set out from the wilderness of Sinai and traveled on from place to place until the cloud stopped in the wilderness of Paran.
13 When the people set out for the first time, following the instructions the LORD had given through Moses.
14. Judah's troops led the way. They marched behind their banner, and their leader was Nahshon son of Amminadab.
15. They were joined by the troops of the tribe of Issachar, led by Nethanel son of Zuar,
16. and the troops of the tribe of Zebulun, led by Eliab son of Helon.
17. Then the Tabernacle was taken down, and the Gershonite and Merarite divisions of the Levites were next in the line of march, carrying the Tabernacle with them.
18. Reuben's troops went next, marching behind their banner. Their leader was Elizur son of Shedeur.
19. They were joined by the troops of the tribe of Simeon, led by Shelumiel son of Zurishaddai,
20. and the troops of the tribe of Gad, led by Eliasaph son of Deuel.
21. Next came the Kohathite division of the Levites, carrying the sacred objects from the Taernacle. Before they arrived at the next camp, the Tabernacle would already be set up at its new location.
22. Ephraim's troops went next, marching behind their banner. Their leader was Elishama son of Ammihud.
23. They were joined by the troops of the tribe of Manasseh, led by Gamaliel son of Pedahzur,
24. and the troops of the tribe of Benjamin, led by Abidan son of Gideoni.
25. Dan's troops went last, marching behind their banner and serving as the rear guard for all the tribal camps. Their leader was Ahiezer son of Ammishaddai.
26. They were joined by the troops of the tribe of Asher, led by Pagiel son of Ocran,
27. and the troops of the tribe of Naphtali, led by Ahira son of Enan.
28. This was the order in which the Isralites marched, division by division.
29. One day Moses said to his brother-in-law, Hobab son of Reuel the Midianite, "We are on our way to the place the LORD promised us, for he said, 'I will give it to you.' Come with us and we will treat you well, for the LORD has promised wonderful blessings for Israel!"
30. But Hobab replied, "No, I will not go. I must return to my own land and family."
31. "Please don't leave us," Moses pleaded. "You know the places in the wilderness where we should camp. Come, be our guide.
32. If you do, we'll share with you all the blessings the LORD gives us."
33. They marched for three days after leaving the mountain of the LORD, with the Ark of the LORD'S Covenant moving ahead of them to show them where to stop and rest.
34. As they moved on each day, the cloud of the LORD hovered over them.
35. And whenever the Ark set out, Moses would shout, "Arise, O LORD, and let your enemies be scattered! Let them flee before you!"
36. And when the Ark was set down, he would say, "Return, O LORD, to the countless thousands of Israel!"
Numbers 10:11-36 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.