read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The People Complain
Today's Passage: Numbers 11:1-15
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
1. Soon the people began to complain about their hardship, and the LORD heard everything they said. Then the LORD'S anger blazed against them, and he sent a fire to rage among them, and he destroyed some of the people in the outskirts of the camp.
2. Then the people screamed to Moses for help, and when he prayed to the LORD, the fire stopped.
3. After that, the area was known as Taberah (which means "the place of burning"), because fire from the LORD had burned among them there.
4. Then the foreign rabble who were traveling with the Israelites began to crave the good things of Egypt. And the people of Israel also began to complain. "Oh, for some meat!" they exclaimed.
5. "We remember the fish we used to eat for free in Egypt. And we had all the cucumbers, melons, leeks, onions, and garlic we wanted.
6. But now our appetites are gone. All we ever see is this manna!"
7. The manna looked like small coriander seeds, and it was pale yellow like gum resin.
8. The people would go out and gather it from the ground. They made flour by grinding it with hand mills or pounding it in mortars. Then they boiled it in a pot and made it into flat cakes. These cakes tasted like pastries baked with olive oil.
9. The manna came down on the camp with the dew during the night.
10. Moses heard all the families standing in the doorways of their tents whining and the LORD became extremely angry. Moses was also aggravated.
11. And Moses said to the LORD, "Why are you treating me, your servant, so harshly? Have mercy on me! What did I do to deserve the burden of all these people?
12. Did I give birth to them? Did I bring them into the world? Why did you tell me to carry them in my arms like a mother carries a nursing baby? How can I carry them to the land you swore to give their ancestors?
13. Where am I supposed to get meat for all these people? They keep whining to me, saying, 'Give us meat to eat!'
14. I can't carry all these people by myself! The load is far too heavy!
15. If this is how you intend to treat me, just go ahead and kill me. Do me a favor and spare me this misery!'
Numbers 11: 1-15 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.