read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Moses Chooses Seventy Leaders
Today's Passage: Numbers 11:16-30
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
16. Then the LORD said to Moses, "Gather before me seventy men who are recognized as elders and leaders of Israel. Bring them to the Tabernacle to stand there with you.
17. I will come down and talk to you there. I will take some of the Spirit that is upon you, and I will put the Spirit upon them also. They will bear the burden of the people along with you, so you will not have to carry it alone.
18. "And say to the people, 'Purify yourselves, for tomorrow you will have meat to eat. You were whining, and the LORD heard you when you cried, "Oh, for some meat! We were better off in Egypt!" Now the LORD will give you meat, and you will have to eat it.
19. And it won't be for just a day or two, or for five or ten or even twenty.
20. You will eat it for a whole month until you gag and are sick of it. For you have rejected the LORD, who is here among you, and you have whined to him, saying." Why did we ever leave Egypt?'"
21. But Moses responded to the LORD, "There are 600,000 soldiers here with me, and yet you say, ' I will give them meat for a whole month!'
22. Even if we butchered all our flock and herds, would that satisfy them? Even if we caught all the fish in the sea, would that be enough?
23. Then the LORD said to Moses, "Has my arm lost its power? Now you will see whether or not my word comes true!"
24. So Moses went out and reported the LORD'S words to the people. He gathered the seventy elders and stationed the around the Tabernacle.
25. And the LORD came down in the cloud and spoke to Moses. Then he gave the seventy elders the same Spirit that was upon Moses. And when the Spirit rested upon them, they prophesied. But this never happened again.
26. Two men, Eldad and Medad, had stayed behind in the camp. They were listed among the elders, they had not gone out to the Tabernacle. Yet the Spirit rested upon them as well, so they prophesied there in the camp.
27. A young man ran and reported to Moses, "Eldad and Medad are prophesying in the camp!"
28. Joshua son of Nun, who had been Moses' assistant since his youth, protested, "Moses, my master, make them stop!"
29. But Moses replied, "Are you jealous for my sake? I wish that all the LORD'S people were prophets and that the LORD would put his Spirit upon them all!"
30. Then Moses returned to the camp with the elders of Israel.
Numbers 11:16-30 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.