read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Complaints of Miriam and Aaron
Today's Passage: Numbers 12:1-16
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
1. While they were at Hazeroth, Miriam and Aaron criticized Moses because he had married a Cushite woman.
2. They said, "Has the LORD spoken only through Moses? Hasn't he spoken through us, too?" But the LORD heard them.
3. (Now Moses was very humble — more humble than any other person on earth.)
4. So immediately the LORD called to Moses, Aaron, and Miriam and said, "Go out to the Tabernacle, all three of you!" So the three of them went to the Tabernacle.
5. Then the LORD descended in the pillar of the cloud and stood at the entrance of the Tabernacle. "Aaron and Miriam!" he called, and they stepped forward,
6. And the LORD said to them, "Now listen to what I say:
"If there were prophets among you,
I, the LORD, would reveal myself in visions
I would speak to them in dreams.
7. But not with my servant Moses.
Of all my house, he is the one I trust.
8. I speak to him face to face,
clearly and not in riddles!
He sees the LORD as he is.
So why were you not afraid to criticize my servant Moses?"
9. The LORD was very angry with them, and he departed.
10. As the cloud moved from above the Tabernacle, there stood Miriam, her skin as white as snow from leprosy.
When Aaron saw what had happened to her,
11. he cried out to Moses, "Oh, my master! Please don't punish us for this sin we have so foolishly committed.
12. Don't let her be like a stillborn baby, already decayed at birth."
13. So Moses cried out the the LORD, "O God, I beg you, please heal her!"
14. But the LORD said to Moses, "If her father had done nothing more than spit in her face, wouldn't she be defiled for seven days? So keep her outside the camp for seven days, and after that she may be accepted back."
15. So Miriam was kept outside the camp for seven days, and people waited until she was brought back before they traveled again.
16. Then they left Hazeroth and camped in the wilderness of Paran.
Numbers12: 1-16 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.