read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Twelve Scouts Explore Canaan
Today's Passage: Numbers 13:1-33
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
1 The LORD now said to Moses,
2. "Send out men to explore the land of Canaan, the land I am giving to the Israelites. Send one leader from each of the twelve ancestral tribes."
3. So Moses did as the LORD commanded him. He sent out twelve men, all tribal leaders of Israel, from ttheir camp in the wilderness of Paran.
4. These were the tribes and the names of their leaders.
Reuben.......Shammua son of Zacccur
5. Simeon..........Shaphat son of Hori
6. Judah..........Caleb son of Jephunneh
7. Issachar..........Igal son of Joseph
8. Ephraim..........Hoshea son of Nun
9. Benjamin...........Palti son of Raphu
10. Zebulun...........Gaddiel son of Sodi
11. Manasseh son of Joseph...........Gaddi son of Susi
12. Dan..........Ammiel son of Gemalli
13. Asher...........Sethur son of Michael
14. Naphtali..........Nahbi son of Vophsi
15. Gad..........Geuel son of Maki
16. These are the names of the men Moses sent out to explore the land. (Moses called Hoshea son of Nun by the name Joshua.)
17. Moses gave the men these instructions as he sent them out to explore the land:
"Go north through the Negev into the hill country.
18. See what the land is like, and find out whether the people living there are strong or weak, few or many.
19. See that kind of land they live in. Is it good or bad? Do their towns have walls, or are they unprotected like open camps?
20. Is the soil fertile or poor? Are there many trees? Do your best to bring back samples of the crops you see." (It happened to be the season for harvesting the first ripe grapes."
21. So they went up and explored the land from the wilderness of Zin as far as Rehob, near Lebo-hamath.
22. Going north, they passed through the Negev and arrived at Hebron, where Ahiman, Sheshai, and Talmai — all descendants of Anak — lived. (The ancient town of Hebron was founded seven years before the Egyptian city of Zoan.)
23. When they came to the valley of Eshcol, they cut down a branch and a single cluster of grapes so large that it took two of them to carry it on a pole between them! They also brought back samples of the pomegranates and figs.
24. That place was called the valley of Eshcol (which means "cluster"), because of the cluster of grapes the Israelite men cut there.
25. After exploring the land for forty days, the men returned
26. to Moses, Aaron, and the whole community of Israel at Kadesh in the wilderness of Paran. They reported to the whole communty what they had seen and showed them the fruit they had taken from he land.
27. This was their report to Moses:"We entered the land you sent us to explore, and it is indeed a bountiful country — a land flowing with milk and honey. Here is the kind of fruit it produces.
28. But the people living there are powerful and their towns are large and fortified. We even saw giants there, the descendatns of Anak!
29. The Amalekites live in the Negev, and the Hittites, Jebusites, and Amorites live in the hill country. The Canaanites live along the coast of the Mediterranean Sea and along the Jordan Valley."
30. But Caleb tried to quiet the people as they stood before Moses. "Let's go at once to take the land," he said. "We can certainly conquer it!"
31. But the other men who had explored the land with him disagreed. "We can't go up against them! They are stronger than we are!"
32. So they spread this bad report about the land among the Israelites: "The land we traveled through and explored will devour anyone who goes to live there. All the people we saw were huge.
33. We even saw giants there, the descendants of Anak. Next to them we felt like grasshoppers, and that's what they thought, too!"
Numbers 13:1-33 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.