read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The LORD Punishes the Israelites
Today's Passage: Numbers 14:26-45
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Choose three important verses that speak to you today.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
26. Then the LORD said to Moses and Aaron,
27. "How long must I put up with this wicked community and its complaints about me? Yes, I have heard the complaints the Israelites are making against me.
28. Now tell them this: 'As surely as I live, declares the LORD, I will do to you the very things I heard you say.
29. You will all drop dead in this wilderness! Because you complained against me, everyone of you who is twenty years old or older and was included in the registration will die.
30. You will not enter and occupy the land I swore to give you. The only exceptions will be Caleb son of Jephunneh and Joshua son of Nun.
31. "' You said your children would be carried off as plunder. Well, I will bring them safely into the land, and they will enjoy what you have despised.
32. But as for you, you will drop dead in this wilderness.
33. And your children will be like shepherds, wandering in the wilderness for forty years. In this way, they will pay for your faithfulness, until the last of you lied dead in the wilderness.
34. " 'Because your men explored the land for forty days, you must wander in the wilderness for forty years — a year for each day, suffering the consequences of you sins. Then you will discover what it is like to have me for an enemy.'
35. I, the LORD, have spoken! I will certainly do those things to every member of the community who has conspired against me. They will be destroyed here in this wilderness, and here they will die!"
36. The ten men Moses had sent to explore the land — the ones who incited rebellion against the LORD with their bad report --
37. were struck dead with a plague before the LORD.
38. Of the twelve who had explored the land, only Joshua and Caleb remained alive.
39. When Moses reported the LORD'S words to all the Israelites, the people were filled with grief.
40. Then they got up early the next morning and went to the top of the range of hills.
"Let's go," they said. "We realize that we have sinned, but now we are ready to enter the land the LORD has promised us."
41. But Moses said, "Why are you now disobeying the LORD'S orders to return to the wilderness? It won't work.
42. Do not go up into the land now. You will only be crushed by your enemies because the LORD is not with you.
43. When you face the Amalekites and Canaanites in battle, you will be slaughtered. the LORD will abondon you because you have abandoned the LORD."
44. But the people defiantly pushed ahead toward the hill country, even though neither Moses nor the Ark of the LORD'S Covenant left the camp.
45. Then the Amalekites and the Canaanites who lived in those hills came down and attacked them and chased them back as far as Hormah.
Numbers 14:26-45 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.