read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Laws Concerning Offerings
Today's Passage: Numbers 15:17-31
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Wisdom - The fear of Jehovah (the LORD) is the instruction for Wisdom: Proverbs 15:33
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
17. Then the LORD said to Moses,
18. Give the following instructions to the people of Israel.
"When you arrive in the land where I am taking you,
19. and you eat the crops that grow there, you must set some aside as a sacred offering to the LORD.
20. Present a cake from the first of the flour you grind, and set it aside as a sacred offering, as you do with the first grain from the threshing floor.
21. Throughout the generations to come, you are to present a sacred offering to the LORD each year from the first of your ground flour.
22. "But suppose you unintentionally fail to carry out all these commands that the LORD has given you through Moses.
23. And suppose your descendants in the future fail to do everything the LORD has commanded through Moses.
24. If the mistake was made unintentionally, and the community was unaware of it, the whole community must present a young bull for a burnt offering as a pleasing aroma to the LORD. It must be offered along with its prescribed grain offering and liquid offering and with one male goat for a sin offering.
25. With it the priest will purify the whole community of Israel, making them right with the LORD, and they will be forgiven. For it was unintentional sin, and they have corrected it with their offerings to the LORD — the special gift and the sin offering.
26. The whole community of Israel will be forgiven, including the foreigners living among you, for all the people were involved in the sin.
27. "If one individual commits an unintentional sin, the guilty person must bring a one-year-old female goat for a sin offering.
28. The priest will sacrifice it to purify the guilty person before the LORD, and that person will be forgiven.
29. These same instructions apply both to native born Israelites and to the foreigners living among you.
30. "But those who brazenly violate the LORD'S will, whether native-born Israelites or foreigners, have blasphemed the LORD, and they must be cut off from the community.
31. Since they have treated the LORD'S word with contempt and deliberately disobeyed his command, they must be completely cut off and suffer the punishment for their guilt.
Numbers 15:17-31 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.