read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The LORD'S Sword of Judgment
Today's Passage: Ezekiel 21:1-17
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
(And, But, So) the LORD says/said:...
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
1. Then this message came to me from the LORD.
2. "Son of man, turn and face Jerusalem and prophesy against Israel and her sanctuaries.
3. Tell her, 'This is what the LORD says: I am your enemy, O Israel, and I am about to unsheathe my sword to destroy your people — the righteous and the wicked alike.
4. Yes, I will cut off both the righteous and the wicked! I will draw my sword against everyone in the land from south to north.
5. Everyone in the world will know that I am the LORD. My sword is in my hand, and it will not return to its sheath until its work is finished.'
6. "Son of man, groan before the people. Groan before them with bitter anguish and a broken heart
7. When they ask why you are groaning, tell them, 'I grown because of the terrifying news I have heard. When it comes true, the boldest heart will melt with fear; all strength will disappear Every spirit will faint; strong knees will become as weak as water. And the Sovereign LORD says: It is coming! It's on its way!'"
8. then the LORD said to me,
9. "Son of man, give the people this message from the LORD:
"A sword, a sword
is being sharpened and polished.
10. It is sharpened for terrible slaughter
and polished to flash like lightning!
Now will you laugh?
Those far stronger than you have
fallen beneath its power!
11. Yes, the sword is now being sharpened
it is being prepared for the executioner.
12. "Son of man, cry out and wail;
pound your thighs in anguish,
for that sword will slaughter my
people and their leaders --
everyone will die!
13. It will put them all to the test.
What chance do they have?
says the Sovereign LORD.
14. Son of man, prophesy to them
and clap your hands.
Then take the sword and brandish it twice,
even three times,
to symbolize the great massacre,
the great massacre facing them on
15. Let their hearts melt with terror,
for the sword glitters at every gate
It flashes like lightning
and is polished for slaughter!
16. O sword, slash to the right,
then slash to the left,
wherever you will,
wherever you want.
17. I, too, will clap my hands,
and I will satisfy my fury.
I, the LORD, have spoken!"
Ezekiel 21:1-17 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.