read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Adultery of Two Sisters
Today's Passage: Ezekiel 23:1-21
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
1. This message came to me from the LORD:
2. "Song of man, once there were two sisters who were daughters of the same mother.
3. They became prostitutes in Egypt. Even as young girls they allowed men fondle their breasts.
4. The older girl was named Oholah, and her sister as Oholibah. I married them. and they bore me sons and daughters. I am speaking of Samaria and Jerusalem, for Oholah is Samaria and Oholibah is Jerusalem.
5. "Then Oholah lusted after other lovers instead of me, and she gave her love to the Assyrian officers.
6. They were all attractive young men, captains and commanders dressed in handsome blue, charioteers driving their horses.
7 And so she prostituted herself with the most desirable men of Assyria, worshiping their idols and defiling herself.
8. For when she left Egypt, she did not leave her spirit of prostitution behind. She was still as lewd as in her youth, when the Egyptians slept with her, fondled her breasts, and used her as a prostitute.
9. "And so I handed her over to her Assyrian lovers, whom she desired so much.
10. They stripped her, took away her children as their slaves, and then killed her. After she recevied her punishment, her reputation was known to every woman in the land.
11. "Yet even though Oholibah saw what had happened to Oholah, her sister, she followed right in her footsteps. And she was even more depraved, abandoning herself to her lust and prostitution.
12. She fawned over all the Assyrian officers — those captains and commanders in handsome uniforms, those charioteers driving their horses — all of them attractive young men.
13. I saw the way she was going, defiling herself just like her older sister.
14. "Then she carried her prostitution even further. She fell in love with pictures that were painted on a wall — pictures of Babylonian military officers, outfitted in striking red uniforms.
15. Handsome belts encircled their waists, and flowing turbans crowned their heads. They were dressed like chariot officers from the land of Babylonia.
16. When she saw these paintings, she longed to give herself to them, so she sent messengers to Babylonia to invite them to come to her.
17. So they came and committed adultery with her, defiling her in the bed of love. After being defiled, however, she rejected them in disgust.
18. "In the same way, I became disgusted with Oholibah and rejected her, just as I had rejected her sister, because she flaunted herself before them and gave herself to satisfy their lusts.
19. Yet she turned to even greater prostitution, remembering her youth when she was a prostitute in Egypt.
20. She lusted after lovers with genitals as large as a donkey's and emissions like those of a horse.
21. And so Oholibah, you relived your former days as a young girl in Egypt, when you first allowed your breasts to be fondled.
Ezekiel 23:1-21 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.