read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The LORD'S Judgment on Both Sisters
Today's Passage: Ezekiel 23:36-49
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Cause and Effect or
as I like to say:
Our Choices make a difference.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
36. The LORD said to me, "Son of man, you must accuse Oholah and Oholibah of all their detestable sins.
37. They have committed both adultery and murder —adultery by worshiping idols and murder by burning as sacrifices the children they bore to me.
38. Furthermore, they have defiled my Temple and violated my Sabbath day!
39. On the very day that they sacrificed their children to their idols, they boldly came into my Temple to worship! They came in and defiled my house.
40. "You sisters sent messengers to distant lands to get men. Then when they arrived, you bathed yourselves, painted your eyelids, and put on your finest jewels for them.
41. You sat with them on a beautifully embroidered couch and put my incense and my sepcial oil on a table that was spread before you.
42. From your room came the sound of many men carousing. They were lustful men and drunkards from the wilderness, who put bracelets on your wrists and beautiful crowns on your heads.
43. Then I said, 'If they really want to have sex with old worn-out prostitutes like these, let them!'
44. And that is what they did. They had sex with Oholah and Oholibah, these shameless prostitutes.
45. But righteous people will judge these sister cities for what they really are adulterers and murderers.
46. "Now this is what the Sovereign LORD says: Bring an army against them and hand them over to be terrorized and plundered.
47. For their enemies will stone them and kill them with swords. They will butcher their sons and daughters and burn their homes.
48. In this way, I will put an end to lewdness and idolatry in the land, and my judgment will be a warning to others not to foolow their wicked example.
49. You will be fully repaid for all your postitution — your worship of idols. Yes, you will suffer the full penalty. Then you will know that I am the Sovereign LORD."
Ezekiel 23:36-49 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.