read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Sign of the Cooking Pot
Today's Passage: Ezekiel 24:1-14
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
1. On January 15, during the ninth year of King Jehoiachin's captivity, this message come to me from the LORD:
2. "Son of man, write down today's date, because on this very day the king of Babylon is beginning his attack against Jerusalem.
3. Then give these rebels an illustration with this message from the Sovereign LORD:
"Put a pot on the fire, and pour in some water.
4. Fill it with choice pieces of meat — the rump and the shoulder and all the most tender cuts.
5. Use only the best sheep from the flock, and heap fuel on the fire beneath the pot.
Bring the pot to a boil, and cook the bones along with the meat.
6. "Now this is what the Sovereign LORD says:
What sorrow awaits Jerusalem, the city of murderers! She is a cooking pot whose corruption can't be cleaned out.
Take the meat out in random order, for no piece is better than another.
7. For the blood of her murders is splashed on the rocks. It isn't even spilled on the ground, where the dust could cover it!
8. So I will splash her blood on a rock for all to see, an expression of my anger and vengeance against her.
9. "This is what the Sovereign LORD says: What sorrow awaits Jerusalem, the city of murderers! I myself will pile up the fuel beneath her.
10. Yes, heap on the wood! Let the fire roar to make the pot boil.
Cook the meat with many spices, and afterward burn the bones.
11. Now set the empty pot on the coals. Heat it red hot! Burn away the filfth and corruption.
12. But it's hopeless; the corruption can't be cleaned out. So throw it into the fire.
13. Your impurity is your lewdness and the corruption of your idolatry, I tried to cleanse you, but you refused. So now you will remain in your filth until my fury against you has been satisfied.
14. "I, the LORD, have spoken! The time has come, and i won't hold back. I will not change my mind, and I will have no pity on you. You will be judged on the basis of all your wicked actions, says the Sovereign LORD."
Ezekiel 24:1-14 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.