read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
1. Today's Passage: Luke 15:11-27
Please read from your own bible.
Bible Gateway is also an option - click here
(Bible Gateway is a wonderful way to get lots of different translations - It even has different languages!)
Or, I've typed it here from the New Living Testament translation:
11,"To illustrate the point further, Jesus told them this story: "A man had two sons.
12. The younger son told his father, 'I want my share of your estate now before you die.' So his father agreed to divide the wealth between his sons.
13. 'A few days later this younger son packed all his belongings and moved to a distant land, and there he wasted all his money in wild living.
14. About the time his money ran out, a great famine swept over the land, and he began to starve.
15. He persuaded a local farmer to hire him, and the man sent him into his fields to feed the pigs.
16. The young man became so hungry that even the pods he was feeding the pigs looked good to him. But no one gave him anything.
17. "When he finally came to his senses, he said to himself, 'At home even the hired servants have food enough to spare; and here I am dying of hunger!
18. I will go home to my father and say, "Father, I have sinned against both heaven and you,
19. and I am no longer worthy of being called your son. Please take me on as a hired servant."
20."So he returned home to his father. And while he was still a long way off, his father saw him coming. Filled with love and compassion, he ran to his son, embraced him, and kissed him.
21. His son said to him, 'Father, I have sinned against both heaven and you, and I am no longer worthy of being called your son."
22. "But his father said to the servants, "Quick! Bring the finest robe in the house and put it on him. Get a ring for his finger and sandals for his feet.
23. And kill the calf we have been fattening. We must celebrate with a feast, for this son of mine was dead and has now returned to life. He was lost, but now he is found.' So the party began." Luke 15:11-24 NLT
2. Pondering another parable over the lost! I have often wondered why a Sheep, a Coin, a Son? Have you?
I think that will be one of those questions I will ask Jesus when I see Him face to face. -giggle!
3. That said, in pondering these verses, did anything settle in your heart that stayed and nudged you?
I encourage you to try reading this passage using the Lectio Divina reflection strategy. You will find it HERE.
4. Please comment below with your first name and your last initial.
I'm pretty sure, He smiles when we do this.
Problems? Let us know by sending Biff an email at: email@example.com
Unsubscribe? Feel free at anytime. Just put UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line of an email to:
RR&BC,LLC©2016 All writing is protected by copyright laws.
NO copying allowed in this membership community.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.