read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Gabriel Explains the Vision
Today's Passage: Daniel 8:15-27
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Foreshadowing, Promises, and/or Fulfillment of Promises
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
15. As I, Daniel, was trying to understand the meaning of this vision, someone who looked like a man stood in front of me.
16. And I heard a human voice calling out from the Ulai River, "Gabriel, tell this man the meaning of his vision."
17. As Gabriel approached the place where I was standing, I became so terrified that I fell with my face to the ground. "Son of man," he said, "you must understand that the events you have seen in your vision relate to the time of the end."
18. While He was speaking, I fainted and lay there with my face to the ground. But Gabriel roused me with a touch and helped me to my feet.
19. Then he said, "I am here to tell you what will happen later in the time of wrath. what you have seen pertains to the very end of time.
20. The two-horned ram represents the kings of Media and Persia.
21. The shaggy male goat represents the king of Greece, and the large horn between his eyes represents the first king of the Greek Empire.
22. The four promienent horns that replaced the one large horn show that the Greek Empire will break into four kingdoms, but none as great as the first.
23. "At the end of their rule, when their sin is at its height, a fierce king, a master of intrigue, will rise to power.
24. He will become very strong, but not by his own power. He will cause a shocking amount of destruction and succeed in everything he does. He will destroy powerful leaders and devastate the holy people.
25. He will be a master of deception and will become arrogant; he will destroy many without warning. He will even take on the Prince of princes in battle, but he will be broken, though not by human power.
26. "This vision about the 2,300 evenings and mornings is true. But none of these things will happen for a long time, so keep this vision a secret."
27. Then I, Daniel was overcome and lay sick for several days. Afterward I got up and performed my duties for the king, but I was greatly troubled by the vision and could not understand it.
Daniel 8:15-27 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.