read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The LORD Detests
Today's Passage: Proverbs 11:1-31
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Proverbs, Each One is a Wisdom Pearl
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
1. The LORD detests the use of dishonest scales, but he delights in accurate weights.
2. Pride leads to disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.
3. Honesty guides good people; dishonesty destroys treacherous people.
4. Riches won't help on the day of judgment, but right living can save you from death.
5. The godly are directed by honesty; the wicked fall beneath their load of sin.
6. The godliness of good people rescues them; the ambition of treacherous people traps them.
7. When the wicked die, their hope dies with them, for they rely on their own feeble strength.
8. The godly are rescued from trouble, and it falls on the wicked instead.
9. With their words, the godless destroy their firends, but knowledge will rescue the righteous.
10. The whole city celebrates when the godly succeed; they shout for joy when the wicked die.
11. Upright citizens are good for a city and make it prosper, but the talk of the wicked tears it apart.
12. It is foolish to belittle one's neighbor; a sensible person keeps quiet.
13. A gossip goes around telling secrets, but those who are trustworthy can keep a confidence.
14. Without wise leadership, a nation falls; there is safety in having many advisers.
15. There's danger in putting up security for a stranger's debt; it's safer not to guarantee another person's debt.
16. A gracious woman gains respect, but ruthless men gain only wealth.
17. Your kindness will reward you, but your cruelty will destroy you.
18. Evil people get rich for the moement, but the reward of the godly will last.
19. Godly people find life; evil people find death.
20. The LORD detests people with crooked hearts, but he delights in those with integrity.
21. Evil people will surely be punished, but the children of the godly will go free.
22. A beautiful woman who lacks discretion is like a gold ring in a pig's snout.
23. The godly can look forward to a reward, while the wicked can expect only judgment.
24. Give freely and become more wealthy; be stingy and lose everything.
25. The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.
26. People curse those who hoard their grain, but they bless the one who sells in time of need.
27. If you search for good, you will find favor; but if you search for evil, it will find you!
28. Trust in your money and down you go! But the godly flourish like leaves in spring.
29. Those who bring trouble on their families inherit the wind. The fool will be a servant to the wise.
30. The seeds of good deeds become a tree of life; a wise person wins friends.
31. If the righteous are rewarded here on earth, what will happen to wicked sinners?
Proverbs 11:1-31 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.