read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
To Learn, You Must Love Discipline
Today's Passage: Proverbs 12:1-28
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Proverbs, Each One is a Wisdom Pearl
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
1. To learn, you must love discipline; it is stupid to hate correction.
2. The LORD approves of those who are good, but he condemns those who plan wickedness.
3. Wickedness never brings stability, but the godly have deep roots.
4. A worthy wife is a crown for her husband, but a disgraceful woman is like cancer in his bones.
5. The plans of the godly are just; the adivce of the wicked is treacherous.
6. The words of the wicked are like a murderous ambush, but the words of the godly save lives.
7. The wicked die and disappear, but the family of the godly stands firm.
8. A sensible person wins admiration, but a warped mind is despised.
9. Better to be an ordinary person with a servant than to be self-important but have no food.
10. The godly care for their animals, but the wicked are always cruel.
11. A hard worker has plenty of food, but a person who chases fantasies has no sense.
12. Thieves are jealous of each other's loot, but the godly are well rooted and bear their own fruit.
13. The wicked are trapped by their own words. but the godly escape such trouble.
14. Wise words bring many benefits, and hard work brings rewards.
15. Fools think their own way is right, but the wise listen to others.
16. A fool is quick-tempered, but a wise person stays calm when insulted.
17. An honest witness tells the truth; a false witness tells lies.
18. Some people make cutting remarks, but the wrods of the wise bring healing.
19. Truthful words stand the test of time, but lies are soon exposed.
20. Deceit fills hearts that are plotting evil; joy fills hearts that are planning peace!
21. No harm comes to the godly, but the wicked have their fill of trouble.
22. The LORD detests lying lips, but he delights in those who tell the truth.
23. The wise don't make a show of their knowledge, but fools broadcast their foolishness.
24. Work hard and become a leader; be lazy and become a slave.
25. Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up.
26. The godly give good advice to their friends; the wicked lead them astray.
27. Lazy people don't even cook the game they catch, but the diligent make use of everything they find.
28. The way of the godly leads to life; that path does not lead to death.
Proverbs 12:1-28 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.