read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
A Wise Child Accepts a Parent's Discipline
Today's Passage: Proverbs 13:1-25
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Proverbs, Each One is a Wisdom Pearl
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
1. A wise child accepts a parent's discipline; a mocker refuses to listen to correction.
2. Wise words will win you a good meal, but treacherous people have an appetite for violence.
3. Those who control their tongue will have a long life; opening your mouth can ruin everything.
4. Lazy people want much but get little, but those who work hard will prosper.
5. The godly hate lies; the wicked cause shame and disgrace.
6. Godliness guards the path of the blemeless, but the evil are misled by sin.
7. Some who are poor pretend to be rich; others who are rich pretend to be poor.
8. The rich can pay a ransom for their lives, but the poor won't even get threatened.
9. The live of the godly is full of light and joy, but the light of the wicked will be snuffed out.
10. Pride leads to conflict; those who take advice are wise.
11. Wealth from get-rich-quick-schemes quickly disappears; wealth from hard work grows over time.
12. Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a dream fulfilled is a tree of life.
13. People who despise advice are asking for trouble; those who respect a command will succeed.
14. The instruction of the wise is like a life-giving foundation; those who accept it avoid the snares of death.
15. A person with good sense is respected; a treacherous person is headed for destruction.
16. Wise people think before they act; fools don't — and even brag about their foolishness.
17. An unreliable messenger stumbles into trouble. but a reliable messenger brings healing.
18. If you ignore criticism, you will end in poverty and disgrace; if you accept correction, you will be honored.
19. It is pleasant to see dreams come true, but fools refuse to turn from evil to attain them.
20. Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.
21. Trouble chases sinners, while blessings reward the righteous.
22. Good people leave an inheritance to their grandchildren, but the sinner's wealth passes to the godly.
23. A poor person's farm may produce much food, but injustice sweeps it all away.
24. Those who spare the rod of discipline hate their children. Those who love their children care enough to discipline them.
25. The godly eat to their hearts' content, but the belly of the wicked goes hungry.
Proverbs 13:1-25 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.