read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Today's Passage: Numbers 16:22-50
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Called to Evaluate Our Choices
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
22. But Moses and Aaron fell face down on the ground. "O God," they pleaded, "you are the God who gives breath to all creatures. Must you be angry with all the people when only one man sins?"
23. And the LORD said to Moses,
24. "Then tell all the people to get away from the tents of Korah, Dathan, and Abiram."
25. So Moses got up and rushed over to the tents of Dathan and Abiram, followed by the elders of Israel.
26. "Quick!" he told the people. "Get away from the tents of these wicked men, and don't touch anything that belongs to them. If you do, you will be destroyed for their sins."
27. So all the people stood back from the tents of Korah, Datha, and Abiram. Then Dathan and Abiram came out and stood at the entrances of their tents, together with their wives and children and little ones.
28. And Moses said, "This is how you will know that the LORD has sent me to do all these things that I have done — for I have not done them on my own.
29. If these men die a natural death, or if nothing unusual happens, then th eLORD has not sent me.
30. But if the LORD does something entirely new and the ground opens its mouth and swallows them and all their belongings, and they go down alive into the grave, then you will know that these men have shown contempt for the LORD."
31. He had hardly finished speaking the words when the ground suddenly split open beneath them.
32. The earth opened its mouth and swallowed the men, along with their households and all their followers who were standing with them, and everything they owned.
33. So they went down alive into the grave, along with all their belongings. The earth closed over them, and they all vanished from among the people of Israel.
34. All the people around them fled when they heard their screams, "The earth will swallow us, too!" they cried.
35. Then fire blazed forth from the LORD and burned up the 250 men who were offering incense.
36. And the LORD said to Moses,
37. "Tell Eleazar son of Aaron the priest to pull all the incense burners from the fire, for they are holy. Also tell him to scatter the burning coals.
38. Take the incense burners of these men who have sinned at the cost of their lives, and hammer the metal into a thin sheet to overlay the altar. Since these burners were used in the LORD'S presence they have become holy. Let them serve as a warning to the people of Israel."
39. So Eleazar the priest collected the 250 bronze incense burners that had been used by the men who died in the fire, and he hammered them into a thin sheet to overlay the altar.
40. This would warn the Israelites that no unauthorized person — no one who was not a descendant of Aaron — should ever enter the LORD'S presence to burn incense. If anyone did, the same thing would happen to them as happened to Korah and his followers. So the LORD'S instructions were carried out.
41.But the very next morning the whole community of Israel began muttering again against Moses and Aaron, saying "You have killed the LORD'S people!"
42. As the community gathered to protest against Moses and Aaron, they turned toward the Tabernacle and saw that the cloud had covered it, and the glorious presence of the LORD appeared.
43. Moses and Aaron came and stood in front of the Tabernacle,
44. and the LORD said to Moses,
45. "Get away from all these peole so that I can instantly destroy them!" But Moses and Aaron fell face down on the ground.
46. And Moses said to Aaron, "Quick, take an incense burner and place burning coals on it from the altar. Lay incense on it, and carry it out among the people to purify them and make them right with the LORD. The LORD'S anger is blazing against them — the plague has already begun."
47. Aaron did as Moses told him and ran out among the people. The plague had already begun to strike down the people, but Aaron burned the incesnse and purifed the people.
48. He stood between the dead and the living, and the plague stopped.
49. But 14,700 people died in that plague, in addition to those who had died in the affair involving Korah.
50. Then because the plague had stopped, Aaron returned to Moses at the entrance of the Tabernacle.
Numbers 16:21-50 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.