read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Victory Over Sihon and Og
Today's Passage: Numbers 21:21-35
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
God uses story to prepare our hearts for truth.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
21. The Israelites sent ambassadors to King Sihon of the Amorites with this message
22. "Let us travel through your land. We will be careful not to go through your fields and vineyards. We won't even drink water from your wells. We will stay on the king's road until we have passed through your territory."
23. But King Sihon refused to let them cross his territory. Instead, he mobilized his entire army and attacked Israel in the wilderness, engaging them in battle at Jahaz.
24. But the Israelites slaughtered them with their swords and occupied their land from the Arnon River to the Jabbok River. They went only as far as the Ammonite border because the boundary of the Ammonites was fortified.
25. So Israel captured all the towns of the Amorites and settled in them, including the city of Heshbon and its surrounding villages.
26. Heshbon had been the capital of King Sihon of the Amorites. He had defeated a former Moabite king and seized all his land as far as the Arnon River.
27. Therefore, the ancient poets wrote this about him:
"Come to Heshbon and let it be rebuilt!
Let the city of Sihon be restored.
28. A fire flamed forth from Heshbon,
a blaze from the city of Sihon.
It burned the city of Ar in Moab;
It destroyed the rulers of the Arnon heights.
29. What sorrow awaits you, O people of Moab!
You are finished, O worshipers of Chemosh!
Chemosh has left his sons as refugees, his daughters as captives ofSihon,
the Amorite king.
30. We have utterly destroyed them, from Heshbon to Dibon.
We have completely wiped them out as far away as Nophah and Medeba."
31. So the people of Israel occupied the territory of the Amorites.
32. After Moses sent me to explore the Jazer area, they captured all the towns in the region and drove out the Amorites who lived there.
33. Then they turned and marched up the road to Bashan, but King Og of Bashan and all his people attacked them at Edrei.
14. The LORD said to Moses, "Do not be afraid of him, for I have handed him over to you, along with all his people and his land. Do the same to him as you did to King Sihon of the amorites, who ruled in Heshbon."
35. And Isreal killed King Og, his sons, and all his subjects; not a single survivor remained. Then Israel occupied their land.
Numbers 21:21-35 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.