read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The Council at jerusalem
Today's Passage: Acts 15:1-21
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Reading... Simple Act of Meditation
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
1. While Paul and Barnabas were at Antioch of Syria, some men from Judea arrived and began to teach the believers: "Unless you are circumcised as required by the law of Moses, you cannot be saved."
2. Paul and Barnabas disagreed with them, arguing vehemently. Finally, the church decided to send Paul nad Barnabas to Jerusalem, accompanied by some local believers, to talk to the apostles and elders about this question
3. The church sent the delegates to Jerusalem, and they stopped along the way in Phoenicia and Samaria to visit the believers . They told them — much to everyone's joy — that the Gentiles too were being converted.
4. When they arrived in Jerusalem, Barnabas and Paul were welcomed by the whole church, including the apostles and elders. They reported everything God had done through them.
5. But then some of the believers who belonged to the sect of the Pharisees stood up and insisted, "The Gentile converts must be circumcised and required to follow the law of Moses."
6. So the apostles and elders met together to resolve the issue.
7. At the meeting, after a long discussion, Peter stood and addressed them as follows: "Brothers, you all know that God chose me from among you some time ago to preach to the Gentiles so that they could hear the God News and believe.
8. God knows people's hearts, and he confirmed that he accepts Gentiles by giving them the Holy Spirit, just as he did to us.
9. He made no distinction between us and them, for he cleansed their hearts through faith.
10. So why are you now challenging God by burdening the Gentile believers with a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors were able to bear?
11. We believe that we are all saved the same way, by the undeserved grace of the Lord Jesus."
12 Everyone listened quietly as Barnabas and Paul told about the miraculous signs and wonders God had done through them among the Gentiles.
13. When they had finished, James stood and said, "Brothers, listen to me.
14. Peter has told you about the time God first visited the Gentiles to take from them a people for himself.
15. And this conversion of Gentiles is exactly what the prophets predicted. As it is written:
16. 'Afterward I will return and restore the fallen house of David.
I will rebuild its ruins and restore it,
17. so that the rest of humanity might seek the LORD,
including the Gentiles --
all those I have called to be mine.
The LORD has spoken --
18. he who made these things known so long ago.'
19. "And so my judgment is that we should not make it difficult for the Gentiles who are turning to God. Instead, we should write and tell them to abstain from eating food offered to idols, from sexual immorality, from eating the meat of strangled animals, and from consuming blood.
21. For these laws of Moses have been preached in Jewish synagogues in every city on every Sabbath for many generations."
Acts 15: 1-21 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.