read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Paul's Journey to Jerusalem
Today's Passage: Acts 21:1-14
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Reading... Simple Act of Meditation
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
1. After saying farewell to the Ephesian elders, we sailed straight to the island of Cos. The next day we reached Rhodes and then went to Patara.
2. There we boarded a ship sailing for Phoenicia.
3. We sighted the island of Cyprus, passed it on or left, and landed at the harbor of Tyre, in Syria, where the ship was to unload its cargo.
4. We went ashore, found the local believers, and stayed with them a week. these believers prophesied through the Holy Spirit that Paul should not go on to Jerusalem.
5. When we returned to the ship at the end of the week, the entire congregation, including women and children, left the city and came down to the shore with us. There we knelt, prayed
6. and said our farewells. Then we went aboard, and they returned home.
7. The next stop after leaving Tyre was Ptolemais, where we greeted the brothers and sisters and stayed for one day.
8. The next day we went on to Caesarea and stayed at the home of Philip the Evangelist, one of the seven men who had been chosen to distribute food.
9. He had four unmarried daughters who had the gift of prphecy.
10. Several days later a man named Agabus, who also had the gift of prophecy, arrived from Judea.
11. He came over, took Paul's belt, and bound his own feet and hands with it. Then he said, "The Holy Spirit declares, 'So shall the owner of this belt be bound by the Jewish leaders in Jerusalem and turned over to the Gentiles.'"
12. "When we heard this, we and the local believers all begged Paul not to go on to Jerusalem.
13. But he said, "Why all this weeping? You are breaking my heart! I am ready not only to be jailed at Jerusalem but even to die for the sake of the Lord Jesus."
14. When it was clear that we couldn't persuade him, we gave up and said, "The Lord's will be done."
Acts 21:1-14 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.