read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Paul is Arrested
Today's Passage: Acts 21:26-36
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
Some passages are just really BIG. They are moments in the growth of our world that had large impact on our faith, or our cultures, or our lives. These passages bring even more value with perusal on a meditative level. Going over them slowly and with purpose. Repetitive Reading is a good way to uncover hidden nuggets of truth that have been glossed over in the retelling of these passages. Take this opportunity to discover those nuggets.
26. So Paul went to the Temple the next day with the other men. They had already started the purifications ritual so he publicly announced the date when their vows would end and sacrifices would be offered fo each of them.
27. The seven days were almost ended when some Jews from the province of Asia saw Paul in the Temple and roused a mob against him. They grabbed him,
28. yeling, "Men of Israel, help us! This is the man who preaches against our people everywhere and tells everybody to disobey the Jewish laws. He speaks against the Temple — and even defiles this holy place by bringing in Gentiles."
29. (for earlier that day they had seen him in the city with Trophimus, a Gentile from Ephesus, and they assumed Paul had taken him into the Temple.
30. The whole city was rocked by these accusations, and a great riot followed, Paul was grabbed and dragged out of the Temple, and immediately the gates were closed behind him.
31. As they were trying to kill him, word reached the commander of the Roman regiment that all Jerusalem was in an uproar.
32. He immediately called out his soldiers and officers and rand down among the crowd. When the mob saw the commander and the troops coming, they stopped beating Paul.
33. Then the commander arrested him and ordered him bound with two chains. He asked the crowd who he was and what he had done.
34. Some shouted one thing and some another. Since he couldn't find out the truth in all the uproar and confusion, he ordered that Paul be taken to the fortress.
35. As Paul reached the stairs, the mob grew so violent the soldiers had to lift him to their shoulders to protect him.
36. And the crowd followed behind, shouting, "Kill him, kill him!"
Acts 21:26-36 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.