read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Storm at Sea
Today's Passage: Acts 27:13-26
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Cause and Effect or
as I like to say:
Our Choices make a difference.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
13. When a light wind began blowing from the south, the sailors thought they could make it. So they pulled up anchor and sailed close to the shore of Crete.
14. But the weather changed abruptly, and a wind of typhoon strength (called a "northeaster") burst across the island and blew us out to sea.
15. The sailors couldn't turn the ship into the wind, so they gave up ad let it run before the gale.
16. We sailed along the sheltered side of a small island named Cauda, where with great difficulty we hoisted aboard the lifeboat being towed behind us.
17. Then the sailors bound ropes around the hull of the ship to strengthen it. They were afraid of being driven across to the sandbars of Syrtis off the African coast, so they lowered the sea acnhor to slow the ship and were driven before the wind.
18. The next day, as gale-force winds continued to batter the ship, the crew began throwing the cargo overboard.
19. The following day they even took some of the ship's gear and threw it overboard.
20. The terrible storm raged for many days, blotting out the sun and the stars, until at last all hope was gone.
21. No one had eaten for a long time. Finally, Paul called the crew together and said, "Men, you should have listened to me in he first place and not left Crete. You would have avoided all this damage and loss.
27. But take courage! None of you will lose your lives, even though the ship will go down. 23. For last night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve stood beside me,
24. and he said, 'Don't be afraid, Paul, for you will surely stand trial before Caesar! What's more, God in his goodness had granted safety to everyone sailing with you.'
25. So ake courage! For I believe God. It will be just as he said.
26 But we will be shipwrecked on an island."
Acts 27:13-26 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.