read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Paul Speaks to the Crowd
Today's Passage: Acts 21:37-40
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Reading... Simple Act of Meditation
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
27. About midnight on the fourteenth night of the storm, as we were being driven across the Sea of Adria, the sailors sensed land was near.
28. They dropped a weighted line and found that the water was 120 feet deep. But a little later they measured again and found it was only 90 feet deep.
29. At this rate they were afraid we would soon be driven against the rocks along the shore, so they threw out four anchors from the back of the ship and prayed for daylight.
30. Then the sailors tried to abandon the ship; they lowered the lifeboat as though they were going to put out anchors from the front of the ship.
31. But Paul said to the commanding officer and the soldiers, "You will all die unless the sailors stay aboard."
32. So the soldiers cut the ropes to the lifeboat and let it drift away.
33. Just as day was dawning, Paul urged everyone to eat. "You have been so worried that you haven't touched food for two weeks," he said,
34. "Please eat something now for your own good. For not a hair of our heads will perish."
35. Then he took some bread, gave thanks to God before them all, and broke off a piece and ate it.
36. Then everyone was encouraged and bagan to eat --
37. all 276 of us who were on board.
38. After eating, the crew lightened the ship further by throwing the cargo of wheat overboard.
39. When morning dawned, they didn't recognize the coast line, but they saw a bay with a beach and wondered if they could get to shore by running the ship aground.
40. So they cut off the anchors and left them in the sea. Then they lowered the rudders, raised the foresail, and headed toward shore.
41. But they hit a shoal and ran the ship aground too soon. The bow of the ship stuck fast, while the stern was repeatedly smashed by the force of the waves and began to break apart.
42. The soldiers wanted to kill he prisoners to make sure they didn't swim ashore and escape.
43. But the commanding officer wanted to spare Paul, so he did't let them carry out their plan. Then he ordered all who could swim to jump overboard first and make for land.
44. The others held onto planks or debris from the broken ship. So everyone escaped safely to shore.
Acts 27:27-44 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.