read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Continued War with Philistia
Today's Passage: 1 Samuel 13:1-7
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Choose three important verses that speak to you today.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
1. Saul was thirty years old when he became king, and he reigned for forty-two years.
2 Saul selected 3,000 special troops from the army of Israel and sent the rest of the men home. He took 2,000 of the chosen men with him to Micmash and the hill country of Bethel. The other 1,000 went with Saul's son Jonathan to Gibeah in the land of Benjamin.
3. Soon after this, Jonathan attacked and defeated the garrison of Philistines at Geba. The news spread quickly among the Philistines. So Saul blew the ram's horn throughout the land, saying, "Hebrews, hear this! Rise up in revolt"
4. All Israel heard the news that Saul had destroyed the Philistine garrison at Geba and the Philistines now hated the Israelites more than ever. So the entire Israelite army was summoned to join Saul at Gilgal.
5. The Philistines mustered a mighty army of 3,000 chariots, 6,000 charioteers, and as many warriors as the grains of sand on the seashore! They camped at Micmash east of Beth-aven.
6. The men of Israel saw what a tight spot they were in; and because they were hard pressed by the enemy, they tried to hide in caves, thickets, rocks, holes, and cisterns.
7. Some of them crossed the Jordan River and escaped into the land of Gad and Gilead.
1 Samuel 13:1-7 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.