read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Saul's Disobedience and Samuel's Rebuke
Today's Passage: 1 Samuel 13:8-14
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
Some passages are just really BIG. They are moments in the growth of our world that had large impact on our faith, or our cultures, or our lives. These passages bring even more value with perusal on a meditative level. Going over them slowly and with purpose. Repetitive Reading is a good way to uncover hidden nuggets of truth that have been glossed over in the retelling of these passages. Take this opportunity to discover those nuggets.
Meanwhile, Saul stayed at Gilgal,and his men were trembling with fear.
8. Saul waited there seven days for Samuel, as Samuel had instructed him earlier, but Samuel still didn't come. Saul realized that his troops were rapidly slipping away.
9. So he demanded, "Bring me the burnt offering and the peace offerings!" And Saul sacrificed the burnt offering himself.
10. Just as Saul was finishing with the burnt offering Samuel arrived. Saul went out to meet and welcome him,
11. but Samuel said, 'What is this you have done?"
Saul replied, "I saw my men scattering from me, and you didn't arrive when you said you would, and the Philistines are at Micmash ready for battle.
12. So I said, 'The Philistines are ready to march against us at Gilgal, and I haven't even asked for the LORD'S help!' So I felt compelled to offer the burnt offering myself before you came."
13. "How foolish!" Samuel exclaimed, "You have not kept the command the LORD your God gave you. Had you kept it, the LORD would have established your kingdom over Israel forever.
14. But now your kingdom must end, for the LORD has sought out a man after his own heart. The LORD has already appointed him to be the leader of his people, because you have not kept the LORD'S command.
1Samuel 13:8-14 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.