read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Israel's Military Disadvantage
Today's Passage: 1 Samuel 13:15-23
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
God uses story to prepare our hearts for truth.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
15. Samuel then left Gilgal and went on his way, but the rest of the troops went with Saul to meet the army. They went up from Gilgal to Gibeah in the land of Benjamin. When Saul counted the men who were still with him, he found only 600 were left!
16. Saul and Jonathan and the troops with them were staying at Geba in the land of Benjamin. The Philistines set up their camp at Micmash.
17. Three raiding parties soon left the camp of the Philistines. One went north toward Ophrah in the land of Shual,
18. another went west to Beth-horon, and the third moved toward the border above the valley of Zeboim near the wilderness.
19. There were no blacksmiths in the land of Israel in those days. The Philistines wouldn't allow them for fear they would make swords and spears for the Hebrews.
20. So whenever the Israelites needed to sharpen their plow shares, picks, axes, or sickles, they had to take them to a Philistine blacksmith.
21. (The charges were as follows: a quarter of an ounce of silver for sharpening a plowshare or a pick and an eighth of an ounce for sharpening an ax, a sickle, or an ox goad.)
22. So on the day of battle none of the people of Israel had a sword or spear, except for Saul and Jonathan.
23. The pass at Micmash had meanwhile been secured by a contingent of the Philistine army.
1 Samuel 13:15-22 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.