read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Today's Passage: 1 Samuel 14:1-15
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Are Miracles Involved?
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
1. One day Jonathan said to his armor bearer, "Come on, let's go over to where the Philistines have their outpost." But Jonathan did not tell his father what he was doing.
2. Meanwhile, Saul and his 600 men were camped on the outskirts of Gibeah, around the pomegranate tree at Migron.
3. Among Saul's men was Ahijah the priest, who was wearing the ephod, the priestly vest. Ahijah was the son of Ichabod's brother Ahitub, son of Phinehas, son of Eli, the priest of the LORD who had served at Shiloh.
No one realized that Jonathan had left the Israelite camp.
4. To reach the Philistine outpost, Jonathan had to go down between two rocky cliffs that were called Bozez and Seneh
5. The cliff on the north was in front of Micmash, and the one on the south was in front of Geba.
6. "Let's go across to the outpost of those pagans," Jonathan said to his armor bearer. "Perhaps the LORD will help us, for nothing can hinder the LORD. He can win a battle whether he has many warriors or only a few!"
7. "Do what you think is best," the armor bearer replied. "I'm with you completely, whatever you decide."
8. "All right then," Jonathan told him. "We will cross over and let them see us.
9 If they say to us, 'Stay where you are or we'll kill you,' then we will stop and not go up to them.
10. But if they say, 'Come on up and fight,' then we will go up. That will be the LORD'S sign that he will help us defeat them."
11. When the Philistines saw them coming, they shouted, "Look! The Hebrews are crawling out of their holes!"
12. Then the men from the outpost shouted to Jonathan, "Come on up here, and we'll teach you a lesson!"
"Come on, climb right behind me, "Jonathan said to his armor bearer, "for the LORD will help us defeat them!"
13. So they climbed up using both hands and feet, and the Philistines fell before Jonathan, and his armor bearer killed those who came behind them.
14. They killed some twenty men in all, and their bodies were scattered over about half an acre.
15. Suddenly, panic broke out in the Philistine army, both in the camp and in the field, including even the outposts and raiding parties. And just then an earthquake stroke, and everyone was terrified.
1 Samuel 14:1-15 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.