read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
The LORD Rejects Saul
Today's Passage: 1 Samuel 15:10-23
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Cause and Effect or
as I like to say:
Our Choices make a difference.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
10. Then the LORD said to Samuel,
11. "I am sorry that I ever made Saul king, for he has not been loyal to me and has refused to obey my command." Samuel was so deeply moved when he heard this that he cried out to the LORD all night.
12. Early the next morning Samuel went to find Saul. Someon told him, "Saul went to the town of Carmel to set up a monument to himself; then he went on to Gilgal."
13. When Samuel finally found him, Saul greeted him cheerfully.. "May the LORD bless you," he said, "I ave carried out the LORD'S command!"
14. "Then what is all the bleating of sheep and goats and the lowing of cattle I hear?" Samuel demanded.
15. "It's true that the army spared the best of the sheep, goats, and cattle," Saul admitted. "But they are going to sacrifice them to the LORD your God, We have destroyed everything else."
16. Then Samuel said to Saul, "Stop! Listen to what the LORD told me last night!"
"What did he tell you?" Saul asked.
17. And Samuel told him, "Although you may think little of yourself, are you not the leader of the tribes of Israel? The LORD has anointed you king of Israel.
18. And the LORD sent you on a mission and told you, 'Go and completely destroy the sinners, the Amalekites, until they are all dead.'
19. Why haven't you obyed the LORD? Why did you rush for the plunder and do what was evil in the LORD'S sight?"
20. "But I did obey the LORD," Saul insisted "I carried out the mission he gave me. I brought back King Aga, but I destroyed everyone else.
21. Then my troops brought in the best of the sheep, goats, cattle, and plunder to sacrifice to the LORD your God in Gilga."
22. But Samuel replied,
"What is more pleasing to the LORD: your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to his voice?
Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice, and submission is better than offering the fat of the rams.
23. Rebellion is as sinful as witchcraft, and stubbornness as bad as worshiping idols. So because you have rejected the command of the LORD, he has rejected you as king."
1 Samuel 15: 10-23 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.