read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Samuel Executes King Agag
Today's Passage: 1 Samuel 15:32-35
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
Someday We Will Understand
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
1. Stop, listen to your heart beating.
2. Remind yourself, God is God, you are not.
3. Do you find the verses offensive?
4. Are you hurt by the violence, the sin, the pain of the story?
5. Do you read a verse or reference or even a story that just does not make sense to you? Or is there an action that Jesus, God, The Holy Spirit does in one of these that you can't understand a reason it is there?
6. As you ponder and search your heart, you might be surprised at something that is revealed deep within you.
7. However, our hearts cannot be trusted in matters of faith. We sometimes must take a step out whether the command of God makes sense, feels good, or helps us. Faith is walking into trusting the God who IS, not the God we want Him to be.
8. When we come to this point. Ask God to reveal to you His heart. It might take years. But He will bring you to that point.
9. Close your eyes and thank Him for 'helping you in your unbelief.' (Mark 9:24)
32. Then Samuel said, "Bring King Agag to me." Agag arrived full of hope, for he thought, "Surely the worst is over, and I have been spared!"
33. But Samuel said, "As your sword has killed the sons of many mothers, now your mother will be childless." And Samuel cut Agag to pieces before the Lord at Gilgal.
34. Then Samuel went home to Ramah, and Saul returned to his house at Gibeah of Saul.
35. Samuel never went to met with Saul again, but he mourned constantly for him. And the LORD was sorry he had ever made Saul king of Israel.
1 Samuel 15:32-35 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.