read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Saul Becomes Jealous of David
Today's Passage: 1 Samuel 18:1-16
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
God uses characters and jobs in stories to prepare our hearts for truth.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020.
1. After David had finished talking with Saul, he met Jonathan, the king's son. There was an immediate bond between them, for Jonathan loved David.
2. From that day on Saul kept David with him and wouldn't let him return home.
3. And Jonathan made a solemn pact with David, because he loved him as he loved himself.
4. Jonathan sealed the pact by taking off his robe and giving it to David, together with his tunic, sword, bow, and belt.
5. Whatever Saul asked David to do, David did it successfully. So Saul made him a commander over the men of war, an appointment that was welcomed by the people and Saul's officers alike.
6. When the victorious Israelite army was returning home after David had killed the Philistine, women from all the towns of Israel came out to meet King Saul. They sang and danced for joy with tambourines and cymbals.
7. This was their song:
"Saul has killed his thousands,
and David his ten thousands!"
8. This made Saul very angry. "What's this?" he said. "They credit David with ten thousands and me with only thousands. Next they'll be making him their king.
9. So from that time on Saul kept a jealous eye on David.
10. The very next day a tormenting spirit from God overwhelmed Saul, and he began to rave in his house like a madman. David was playing the harp, as he did each day. But Saul had a spear in his hand,
11. and he suddenly hurled it at David, intending to pin him to the wall. But David escaped him twice.
12. Saul was then afraid of David, for the LORD was with David and had turned away from Saul.
13. Finally, Saul sent him away and appointed him commander over 1,000 men, and David faithfully led his troops into battle.
14. David continued to succeed in everything he did, for the LORD was with him.
15. Whn Saul recognized this, he became even more afraid of him.
16. But all Israel and Judah loved David because he was so successful at leading his troops into battle.
1 Samuel 18: 1-16 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.