read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Saul Tries to Kill David
Today's Passage: 1 Samuel 19:1-10
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
God uses story to prepare our hearts for truth.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
1. Saul now urged his servants and his son Jonathan to assissinate David. But Jonathan, because of his strong affection for David,
2. told him what his father was planning. "Tomorrow morning," he warned him "you must find a hiding place out in the fields. I'll ask my father to go out there with me, and I'll talk to him about you. Then I'll tell you everything I can find out."
4. The next morning Jonathan spoke with his father about David, saying many good things about him.
"The king must not sin against his servant David," Jonathan said. "He's never done anything to harm you. He has always helped you in any way he could.
5. Have you forgotten about the time he risked his life to kill the Philistine giant and how the LORD brought a great victory to all Israel as a result? You were certainly happy about it then, Why should you murder an innocent man like David? There is no reason for it all!"
6. So Saul listened to Jonathan and vowed, "As surely as the LORD lives, David will not be killed.."
7. After Jonathan called David and told him what had happened. Then he brought David to Saul, and David served in the court as before.
8. War broke out again after that , and David led his troops against the Philistines. He attacked them with such fury that they all ran away.
9. But one day when Saul was sitting at home, with spear in hand, the tormenting spirit from the LORD suddenly came upon him again. As David played his harp,
10. Saul hurled his spear at David. But David dodged out of the way, and leaving a spear stuck in the wall, he fled and escaped into the night.
1 Samuel 19:1-10 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.