read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Michal Saves David's Life
Today's Passage: 1 Samuel 19:11-24
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
God uses story to prepare our hearts for truth.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
11. Then Saul sent troops to watch David's house. They were told to kill David when he came out the next morning. But Michal, David's wife, warned him, "If you don't escape tonight, you will be dead by morning."
12. So she helped him climb out through a window, and he fled and escaped.
13. Then she took an idol and put it in his bed, covered it with blankets, and put a cushion of goat's hair at its head.
14. When the troops came to arrest David, she told them he was sick and couldn't get out of bed.
15. But Saul sent the troops back to get David. He ordered, "Bring him to me in his bed so I can kill him!"
16. But when they came to carry David out, they discovered that it was only an idol in the bed with a cushion of goat's hair at its head.
17. "Why have you betrayed me like this and let my enemy esape?" Saul demanded of Michal.
"I had to," Michal replied "He threatened to kill me if I didn't help him."
18. So David escaped and went to Ramah to see Samuel, and he told him all that Saul had done to him. Then Samuel took David with him to live at Naioth.
19. When the report reached Saul that David was at Naioth in Ramah,
20. he sent troops to capture him. But when they arrived and saw Samuel leading a group of prophets who were prophesying, the Spirit of God came upon Saul's men, and they also began to prophesy.
21. When Saul heard what had happened, he sent other troops, but they, too, prophesied! The same thing happened a third time.
22. Finally, Saul himself went to Ramah and arrived at the great well in Secu. "Where are Samuel and David?" he demanded.
"They are at Naioth in Ramah," someone told him.
23. But on the way to Naioth in Ramah the Spirit of God came even on Saul, and he, too, began to prophesy all the way to Naioth!
24. He tore off his clothes and lay naked on the ground all day and all night prophesying in the presence of Samuel. The people who were watching exclaimed, "What? Is even Saul a prophet?"
1 Samuel 19: 11-24 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.