read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
David Runs from Saul
Today's Passage: 1 Samuel 21:1-15
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
1. David went to the town of Nob to see Ahimelech the priest. Ahimelech trembled when he saw him. "Why are you alone?" he asked "Why is no one with you?"
2. "The king has sent me on a private matter," David said. "He told me not to tell anyone why I am here. I have told my men where to meet me later.
3. Now, what is there to eat? Give me five loaves of bread or anything else you have."
4. "We don't have any regular bread," the priest replied. "But there is the holy bread, which you can have if your young men have not slept with any women recently."
5. "Don't worry," David replied. "I never allow me men to be with women when they are on a campaign. And since they stay clean even on ordinary trips, how much more on this one?"
6. Since there was no other food available, the priest gave him the holy bread — The Bread of the Presence that was placed before the LORD in the Tabernacle. It had just been replaced that day with fresh bread.
7. Now Doeg the Edomite, Saul's chief herdsman, was there that day, having been detained before the LORD.
8. David asked Ahimelech, "Do you have a spear or sword? The king's business was so urgent that I didn't even have time to grab a weapon!"
9. "I only have the sword of Goliath the Philistine, whom you killed in the valley of Elah," the priest replied. "It is wrapped in a cloth behind the ephod. Take that if you want it, for there is nothing else here."
"There is nothing like it!" David replied. "Give it to me!"
10. So David escaped from Saul and went to King Achish of Gath.
11. But the officers of Achish were unhappy about his being there. "Isn't this David, the king of the land?" they asked. "Isnt he the one the people honor with dances, singing,
'Saul has killed his thousands,
and David his ten thousands'?"
12. David heard these comments and was very afraid of what King Achish of Gath might do to him.
13. So he pretended to be insane, scratching on doors and drooling down his beard.
14. Finally, King Achish said to his men, "Must you bring me a madman?
15. We already have enough of them around here! Why should I let someone like this be my guest?"
1 Samuel 21:1-15 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.