read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
Bond and Free
Today's Passage: Galatians 4:21-31
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
21. Tell me, you who want to live under the law, do you know that the law actually says?
22. The Scriptures say that Abraham had two sons, one from his slave wife and one from his freeborn wife.
23. The son of the slave wife was born in a human attempt to bring about the fulfillment of God's promise. But the son of the free-born wife was born as God's own fulfillment of his promise.
24. These two women serve as an illustration of God's two covenants. The first woman, Hagar, represents Mount Sinai where people received the law that enslaved them.
25. And now Jerusalem is just like Mount Sinai in Arabia, because she and her children live in slavery to the law.
26. But the other woman, Sarah, represents the heavenly Jerusalem.
She is the free woman, and she is our mother.
27. As Isaiah said,
"Rejoice, O childless woman,
you who have never given birth!
Break into a joyful shout,
you who have never been in labor!
For the desolate woman now has more children
than the woman who lives with her husband!"
28. And you, dear brothers and sisters, are children of the promise, just like Isaac.
29. But you are now being persecuted by those who want you to keep the law, just as Ishmael, the child born by human effort, persecuted Isaac, the child born by the power of the Spirit.
30. But what do the Scriptures say about that? "Get rid of the slave and her son, for the son of the slave woman will not share the inheritance with the free woman's son."
31. So dear brothers and sisters, we are not children of the slave woman;
we are children of the free woman.
Galatians 4:21-31 NLT
10th strategy. Read, Compare and Contrast.
Oh Father God,
What a marvelous gift you gave when you chose Abraham to father a nation.
What mysterious truths you lay before us in these verses.
Thank you for your ultimate plan of Grace over Law.
We praise you in this moment and glory in your Holy Name!
Please leave your name and your last initial. We find great joy in joining you here.
And I'll be back tomorrow! God willing.
Problems? Please contact Biff at email@example.com
Feel free at anytime. Simply write Unsubscribe on the subject line of an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RR&BC, LLC©2016 All writing is protected under copyright laws.
NO COPYING ALLOWED on private membership page.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.