read & reflect in community©
Daily Meeting Place
Robyn's Bible Reading Strategies Applied
Daily Meeting Place
David Hides in the Wilderness
Today's Passage: 1 Samuel 23:13-29
Get to know your bible. It will become a good friend.
Or find the passage NASB version on Bible Gateway here.
You can search for other versions there as well. Versions even in foreign languages.
Or, for your convenience I have typed the verses below from the
New Living Testament (NLT).
Invite God to join you in your reading. Ask Him for wisdom.
If there is anything in your spirit hindering you, confess it now.
He knows it. You are forgiven.
Ask Him to help you embrace that truth to live it out.
Thank You for meeting me, LORD.
I welcome you into this place.
Please prepare my heart Jehovah.
Thank you, Omnipotent God for insight.
© RR&BC, LLC 2020
13. So David and his men — about 600 of them now — left Keilah and began roaming the countryside. Word soon reached Saul that David had escaped, so he didn't go to Keilah after all.
14. David now stayed in the strongholds of the wilderness and in the hill country of Ziph. Saul hunted him day after day, but God didn't let Saul find him.
15. One day near Horesh, David received the news that Saul was on the way to Ziph to search for him and kill him.
16. Jonathan went to find David and encouraged him to stay strong in his faith in God.
17. "Don't be afraid," Jonathan reassured him. "My father will never find you! You are going to be the king of Israel, and I will be next to you, as my father, Saul , is aware.
18. So the two of them renewed their solemn pact before the LORD. Then Jonathan returned home, while David sayed at Horesh.
19. But now the men of Ziph went to Saul in Gibeah and betrayed David to him. "We know where David is hiding," they said. "He is in the strongholds of Horesh on the hill of Hakilah, which is in the southern part of Jeshimon.
20. Come down whenever you're ready, O king, and we will catch him and hand him over to you!"
21. "The LORD bless you," Saul said. "At last someone is concerned about me!
22. Go and check again to be sure of where he is staying and who has seen him there, for I know that he is very crafty.
23. Discover his hiding places, and come back when you are sure. Then I'll go with you. And if he is in the area at all, I'll track him down, even if I have to search every hiding place in Judah!"
24. So the men of Ziph returned home ahead of Saul.
Meanwhile, David and his men had moved into the wilderness of Maon in the Arabah valley south of Jeshimon.
25. When David heard that Saul and his men were searching for him, he went even farther into the wilderness to the great rock, and he remeained there in the wilderness of Maon. But Saul kept after him in the wilderness.
26. Saul and David were now on opposite sides of a mountain. Just as Saul and his men began to close in on David and his men,
27. an urgent message reached Saul that the Philistines were raiding Israel again.
28. So Saul quit chasing David and returend to fight the Philistiens. Ever since that time, the place where David was camped has been called the Rock of Escape.
29. David then went to live in the strongholds of En-gedi.
1 Samuel 23:13-29 NLT
Thank God Father, Son, and Holy Spirit for meeting you today.
We, Robyn and Biff
Thank you for coming today.
Please leave your first name and last initial.
Any comments even a period says you were here.
Any response is a blessing to this community.
You are prayed for every day at 8:00 am EST
And I will be back here tomorrow,
typing, reading, preparing, or commenting.
I hope I will see you here too.
Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation,copyright©1996,2004.Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. All rights reserved
May God Be Glorified in our Reading and Hiding His Word in our Hearts.
Please remember that this site is on the internet. Anything that you would not want your family, your boss, or your friends to know, please place in a personal private journal and keep them in your own possession.